Have you ever wondered about the people who made your favorite mug, shirt or chair? In Why Do We Have Things?, Rita Mehta of The American Edit and Erin Husted of Hackwith Design House interview the independent designers, artists, small business owners and creatives behind our favorite things.
Today’s guest is author and blogger Erin Boyle. Erin’s first book, Simple Matters, was released on January 12, 2016 and her blog Reading My Tea Leaves is an ode to simplicity and small-space living. Erin speaks with Erin & Rita about starting a blog, her focus on simplifying her life, her approach to shopping, and the process of writing a book as a new mom!
Notes from the show:
– Simple Matters (*Note from Rita – if you have already read Erin’s book, be sure to leave an Amazon review… like our iTunes request below, it’s something Erin would probably never ask for but helps the book out quite a bit!)
– How Madewell Bought & Sold My Family’s History
– Two minutes about my toothbrush by Aziz Ansari
– Erin’s post about Zero-Waste & Reusable Beeswax wrap (*Note from Rita – I also love these Ambatalia linen covers )
– Big Magic
– Courtney Adamo on RMTL and on Instagram
Thank you for listening and please give us your feedback! We’d also really appreciate it if you would subscribe and leave us a review in iTunes. I really hate to ask for stuff like this, but here’s why it matters: basically, the more reviews and subscriptions we get, the more likely people are to find the podcast, and then the more likely we are to be able to get rad interviewees, improve our sound, etc. So if you take the few minutes to subscribe and review, we can provide you with even better content throughout the year!
Our amazing sponsors are also on board to make reviewing and subscribing worth your while! Through the end of the month, we are giving away:
– $100 gift card from Hackwith Design House
– $100 gift card from Wilson & Willy’s
– a gift set from Appointed Co.
To enter the contest, subscribe and review on iTunes and then send a screenshot of your review to email@example.com. Winners will be chosen randomly at the end of the month! THANK YOU!