Have you ever wondered about the people who made your favorite mug, shirt or chair? In Why Do We Have Things?, Rita Mehta of The American Edit and Erin Husted of Hackwith Design House interview the independent designers, artists, small business owners and creatives behind our favorite things.
Todays guest is Mary Jo Hoffman, the founder of Still Blog, a photo-a-day-blog featuring objects found in nature during daily walks. Mary Jo started her creative ritual five years ago and recently celebrated 1500 photos – and the launch of product collaborations with both Target & West Elm! Rita Talks to Mary Jo about her creative process, showing your work and putting yourself out there to accomplish your goals.
NOTES FROM THE SHOW:
– Still Blog
– Mary Jo’s collection with Target
– Mary Jo’s collection with West Elm
– Steal Like an Artist and Show your Work by Austin Kleon
Munster Rose on WDWHT
– Mary Jo’s husband, writer Steve Hoffman
– Mary Jo’s favorite podcasts: Design Matters with Debbie Millman, Here’s the Thing With Alec Baldwin, The Happiness Project with Gretchen Rubin, The Good Life Project with Jonathan Fields, Ted Talk Radio, Lexicon Valley
Thank you so much for listening! We’d also really appreciate it if you would subscribe and leave us a review in iTunes or share #whydowewehavethings with your friends or on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram! I really hate to ask for stuff like this, but here’s why it matters: the more reviews and subscriptions we get, the more likely people are to find the podcast, and then the more likely we are to be able to get rad interviewees, improve our sound, etc. Thank you!