Today we are kicking of Beauty Week on TAE! Although I have been conscious of using primarily natural products for several years, I only recently started to think about where my beauty products came from… and why that matters. This week we’ll have some of our favorite beauty bloggers sharing their American made beauty favorites – most of which also happen to be natural – and I’ll be sharing some details as to why it really does matter where your products are made. Check back all week and be sure to share your favorite American made products in the comments!
I couldn’t start this week off with anyone other than Elizabeth Dehn, or Beauty Bets as you may know her. Elizabeth has been my guide to beauty – and the best services and treatments in Minneapolis – for as long as I’ve lived here, and I’m lucky to call her a friend. She is incredibly motivating and inspiring (she blogs, she is an editor for a magazine, AND she has collaborated with TAE favorite One Love Organics on a skincare line!) and her skin seriously glows. GLOWS. If she wasn’t so awesome, I’d be so intimidated by the skin alone.
Thank you, so much Elizabeth, for sharing your favorite American made beauty products!
- The founder of Yarok Hair is one of the most humble, hilarious guys in the industry. He also makes THE best sulfate-free, volumizing shamoo I’ve ever used.
- Confession: I have a serious packaging crush on Herbivore Botanicals. In fact, everything about this artisan brand makes me squeal inside.
- Ilia Beauty made me a natural-makeup believer. The lipstick and lip crayon formulas are unbelievably lush yet pigmented.
- I’ve been a Horst devotee my whole life, so his Intelligent Nutrients line holds a special place in my heart. No one can do what he has done with plants.
- It’s no secret that I’m a One Love Organics girl through and through. They are pioneers and care so deeply about their customers. There’s no other indie skincare brand I’d rather be collaborating with!
Follow Elizabeth for even more beauty finds and advice: